My OTHER Blog is HERE and has all my craft related posts.

Friday, August 02, 2013

Busy busy busy

For the second time this week, even though we are in the middle of a heat wave( 27 last night at 11pm!) , the heavens opened just as I finished pegging out the second load of washing.
An impressive thunder storm but all over now and back to hot and sunny . At least my washing should get dry.

***
Am I mad?? very likely!! 
Derek and Dan are off to Wales to visit family again for the week next week - what do I do? Yup decorate- this time its Natalie's room. She has the larger, messier of all the rooms. At the moment , because of overgrown gutters a few months ago, there is a damp patch on the ceiling and the walls are a deep purple. She only has a small window , so it looks dark. I have bought very pale lilac ( as she has asked for purple ) and white woodwork . She has a pale purple carpet but as she loves to scrap and make cards (but is VERY messy) , I have bought vinyl flooring,that way i should be able to get any stray double sided tape off - unlike the carpet!!. We are also changing her double divan - to a single metal frame bed so that she will have a bit more room.
The skip arrives later today and hubby leaves on Sunday - then the work will start- feeling tired thinking about it already!
***

Spent most of yesterday sorting paperwork out: applying for transport to college for both Dan and Meg in Sept. They have had it but as they are both on a new course this year it stopped - good job i rang to check!!
Also spent HOURS on phone trying to find out about Natalie's benefits. Even after all that I still don't know. I DO know at least that they have all the paperwork!! It makes my blood boil, they only give you a certain amount of time to fill it all in and SAY they will keep you informed but don't- I sent it off months ago! At least i know a little of what I am doing on behalf of Natalie - there are thousands of people out there who have to do this themselves and give up :( .

Right enough moaning for one day :) I made these today..

...Strawberry,Orange and Walnut scones ( this is NOT my photograph  but they look just like this) .
Meg and I watched "The Barefoot Contessa" on food tv the other day and she made these - Yummm

Love Soojay xx

No comments: