My OTHER Blog is HERE and has all my craft related posts.

Friday, September 04, 2015

Friday Smiles

 Two sunflowers - well over 10 feet tall :)

Cherry tomatoes - getting there- just need some sun.

***
I survived my first three days back at school - admittedly no naughties in yet so not much work to do.
I could get used to a three day week ;)

A cringe worthy joke:


  police officer on traffic duty flags down a car.
“Sir, you appear to have 12 penguins in the back of your car.”
“That’s right, officer, I do.”
“Well that’s ridiculous – take them to the zoo straight away.”
“OK officer.”
And the car drives off.
Next day, the same policeman in the same spot sees the same car drive past – with the penguins in the back. He flags him down again.
“I thought I told you to take them to the zoo…”
“Yes, officer, and it was great – today I’m taking them to the cinema.”

Do Pop over to see Annie and join in with our hop.
Have a great weekend!

Love soojay xx

7 comments:

Annie said...

As they say...the old ones are the best Sue but even so it still made me smile :-) Love your sunflowers....mine got eaten by something when only a few inches tall so I'm pleased to be able to share yours :-)
Thanks for linking up. Have a great week.
Hugs,
annie x

Barb said...

Yeah Sunflowers are open and so tall too. Well done Sue! Glad school was ok now you have a few days playing. I hear that gelli plate calling you! My hubby's going to look at a car tomorrow. I'm just going to craft ....

I used to make green tomato chutney years ago - just a thought. Just in case we don't get too much sun now we are into Autumn. A bit scary isn't it!

I enjoyed the penguin joke. Have a lovely weekend and thanks for dropping by earlier. Barbxx

Lisca said...

Wow, your sunflowers are huge! And the tomatoes look good. Now all you need is a bit of sunshine to colour them red. (I thought they were gooseberries before i read what you had written)
And I did laugh at the joke although it was quite cheesy.
Thanks for visiting,
Have a good Friday (what's left of it)
Lisca

Hettie said...

Awww! Love the sunflowers. I am with you on the tomatoes...mine are in the same state!!
Hubby has refused to laugh at your joke though!! Made me smile, but after the day I have had I need all the fun I can get!!
Hugs
xx

Anne said...

I smiled at the joke :-) Super sun flowers. Hope you get some sun! None here at moment - very grey! X

mamapez5 said...

I love the sunflowers. I remember by boys growing some when they were small, and getting so excited when they grew taller than themselves. Kate x

Louise H said...

Loved the joke. It cheered me up as I go back to work on Monday :(
My OH has taken to picking the tomatoes green and putting them on a sunny (if were are lucky!) window sill. It has worked a bit. x